Last updated 2nd December 2008
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Miss Universe GB contestants must be not less than 18 or over 27 on 1st February on the year of the competition .
2. Contestants must:
(a) not be married nor have ever been married or have children.
(b) be born in Great Britain or have six months continuous residency at the time of entry and hold a current Great Britain passport;
(c) if she wins the Miss Universe GB or Miss Universe titles, be able to sign a Sole Agency and Management contract with Vibe Models/Miss Universe;
(d) No person who has taken part at any time in the Final of any international
competition or has qualified for the Final of any international competition the same year
is eligible to enter the competition. Special permission may be given by the organisers in extenuating circumstances.
3. There must be nothing in the contestant’s background that could bring into disrepute any aspect of the contest or its sponsors.
4. Entry forms must be filled in with names as they are on passports, etc. and not assumed or professional names.
5. Having signed the entry form and qualified for the final, contestants are reminded that they have signed a contract and that to break it is a serious matter.
6. The Miss Universe GB is copywright. No person, nor organisation, may use the titles, without the permission of Miss Universe Limited.
7. By entering the selection process and ultimately the contest, a contestant grants the
organisers or the sponsors of the event, the free and unfretted right to use her name,
photographs, voice, likeness, recommendations etc., relating to the contest, its title or
any such connection between the contestant and the contest or title in any way it sees
fit for advertising or sales promotions purposes, providing such use is not in a manner to cause harm to the contestant’s reputation or name. Such agreement will continue in a similar manner for further material issued resulting in participation in the contest or during year of office if she wins the title. We cannot guarantee the return of any materials sent to us as part of an application.
8. Contestants agree that from the date of winning a qualifying contest, until a period of fourteen days after the National Final, or for a period of six months after their reign as titleholder ends, they will not, without the prior permission in writing from the organisers, make any statement to the media, either directly or indirectly, nor give any interviews nor write any stories whatsoever appertaining to the competition or involving its name.
9. Contestants agree that their name and photographs may be used by the organiser in any advertising or promotion feature where the names “Miss Universe GB” or “Miss Universe” are included, providing such advertising or promotion shall not offend normal good taste.
10. Contestants are not eligible to compete in the Miss Universe GB if:
(a) Have represented England, Scotland or Wales at the grand final of another international contest during the same year.
(b) Only a National of Great Britain is eligible to enter the contest. A National means a person
born in England, Scotland or Wales, or who is a naturalised citizen of the three countries or whose parent or parents, or whose grandparent or grandparents are from the three countries. She must also hold, or be entitled to hold a valid Great Britain passport and whose permanent address for the six months previous to and up to the date of the contest had been in Great Britain or its territories. Special permission may be given to a GB citizen whose business calls for them to live temporarily overseas, for example, the daughter of a serving soldier or diplomat.
(c) These rules were made to cover the Miss Universe GB contest. The organisers cannot accept any responsibility for neither any changes of rules in any associated contests nor any cancellation or changes in format in the Miss Universe GB contest or other contests which prevent the winner from neither further participation nor any amendment to the rules in such contest, which would make Miss Universe GB ineligible to compete. For the purposes of identification, the organisers means, Miss Universe Limited.
11. IT IS EMPHASISED THAT THE ORGANISERS CANNOT IN ANY WAY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE LOSS OF ANY CONTESTANT’S PERSONAL EFFECTS. LOOK AFTER YOUR OWN EFFECTS AT ALL TIMES. WHEN APPROPRIATE TAKE OUT INSURANCE AND DEPOSIT VALUABLES IN HOTEL SAFETY DEPOSITS.
12. In the event of any dispute over the rules of the contest the decision of Vibe Models/Miss Universe Limited is final.
13. It is up to each participant to organise their accommodation, food and travel to the event.
14. All enquiries about Miss Universe GB competition in writing to: Vibe Models, Vibe House, Deryn Court, Pentwyn, Cardiff CF23 7HA